TypeServices - Services
The Haematology Service looks after patients, adults and children, with a variety of conditions due to abnormalities of their blood. We also provide advice about blood disorders to healthcare professionals working within Barts Health, other hospitals in the region and local GPs.
- Sickle cell anaemia
- Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) and related disorders such as haemolytic anaemia
- Inherited bone marrow failure syndromes
We help diagnose and treat blood cancers such as leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma, in conjunction with the Barts Cancer Centre based at St Bartholomew’s.
Our blood transfusion department is the largest in the UK. Our haematology consultants work closely with the pathology laboratories at the Trust to help diagnose many different diseases. Our laboratories provide routine and specialised blood tests and our experts provide advice to GPs and doctors in many different hospitals in north London and Essex. Find out more about our pathology service here.
We offer haematology services from:
- Newham University Hospital
- St Bartholomew’s Hospital
- The Royal London Hospital
- Whipps Cross University Hospital