We work to deliver the highest standards of care to all of our patients. For those who wish to access private care we offer a range of services across all specialties.
At present, the majority of our private work is delivered at St Bartholomew’s Hospital - however we do offer private care across all of our hospital sites.
St Bartholomew's in the heart of the City of London, is one of the best known hospitals in the world, with the richest history.
Now in brand new, state-of-the-art facilities, with a good rating from the Care Quality Commission, it brings world-class cardiac and cancer care together under one roof.
St Bartholomew’s houses the largest cardiac centre in the whole of the UK – with 10 cath labs, 10 theatres and 89 intensive care beds – and the second biggest cancer centre in London. Unlike other hospitals, it also provides 24/7 consultant on-call services.
Being treated at a world-leading centre of excellence means you are cared for by internationally-renowned doctors and nurses, using the very latest techniques and equipment.
All money received from private patients is reinvested into our hospitals to improve care and facilities for all of the patients that we treat.
Private Cancer Patients
- One of 20 global sites of excellence in immuno-oncology
- The only hospital in the UK with TrueBeam, Gamma Knife and CyberKnife
- Accredited stem cell transplant unit
- National mesothelioma service
- Maggie’s Centre on site
- Cancer Research UK cancer centre status
- Experimental Medicine Cancer Centre in four cancer types
- Level 3 haemato-oncology service
- International centre for rare endocrinology conditions
- Macmillan Quality and Environment Mark for chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Private Cardiac Patients
- The world’s first 24/7 consultant-led heart rhythm service
- The largest Endocarditis service in the world
- The world’s largest cardiac MRI service
- The largest echocardiogram, CCT and TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation) service in the UK
- Internationally-recognised cardiomyopathy team
- Adult congenital heart disease specialist service
- National aorto-vascular centre
- Largest hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy super-specialised service in the country
- Navigational bronchoscopic treatment
- Cardiac MRI protocols developed by us used in 23 different countries
- Da Vinci surgical robot offering precise, minimally invasive treatment