Our busy hospitals hold a number of events that are open to the public, staff and patients.
Barts Health Open Day 2018
- Type Event
- Venue Whipps Cross Hospital
- Address Whipps Cross Road, Leytonstone, E11 1NR
- Start 07 Jul 2018 11:30
- End 07 Jul 2018 14:30
- Email email@example.com
NHS: past, present and future
2018 is a particularly special year for Barts Health as we join the rest of the NHS in celebrating its 70th birthday.
Join us on Saturday 7 July for our annual open day at Whipps Cross Hospital where we'll celebrate the NHS past, present and future.
Everyone is welcome to come and learn more about the great work going on across our hospitals. You'll have the chance to visit stalls ranging from emergency care, volunteering, dietitians, to kidney health, to name a few! Stop by the cardiac stall and chat to one of the nurses offering free pulse checks.
There will be an array of activities going on throughout the day including:
- Stalls from our staff and partners
- Giant generation game
- Taster massages
- Hair braiding
- Make healthy smoothies on one of our juice bikes
- Chat to our emergency services, and explore their lifesaving vehicles
- Discover our hospitals history through the archives
- Have a pulse check from our cardiac nurses, learn about sepsis and looking after your kidneys
- Plus much more!
It is a fun family day out for all, and there will also be a photo booth on the day, so you can take away an NHS70 souvenir. We look forward to seeing you there, and thank you to Barts Charity for funding this fantastic event!
How to find us
The Open Day is being held across the outpatient’s department of Whipps Cross University Hospital and in the marquee on the Eye Treatment Centre car park.