The #WeConnect team is pleased to launch the 90 day readiness programme in preparation for nursing records and documentation becoming digital.
It’s an exciting time – many of you will have heard from colleagues who attended Cerner demonstrations of the system last week – even our own fantastic nursing teams were there leading the sessions and showing the benefits.
The digital nursing go live is being supported with a 90 day readiness programme that began on 15th July in each of our hospitals. The programme is aimed at preparing staff for the changes to come with live demonstrations and Smartcard help sessions this week.
All nursing staff are invited to join in with the activities and start to get involved. Each site has organised a range of activities including demonstrations of the Millennium system. Join the live demonstrations and gain an insight into what’s coming up. The team welcome your feedback and questions.
Live Demos by Caroline McGeary, Change Manager, Clinical Systems:
- Newham: Tues 23rd July, 2-5pm, Seminar Room 2, NUH Education Academy (*postponed from 18 July).
- The Royal London: Thurs 18 July, 9-11am, Seminar Room 3, RLH Education Academy.
- Whipps Cross: Fri 19 July, 10-11am, 1:30-2:30pm, 2:30-3:30pm, MEC Lecture Theatre; and 11:30am-12:30pm, 12:30-1:30pm Board Room, Junction 6.
- St Bartholomew’s: Fri 26 July, 1-5pm, 4B Seminar Room, KGV.
Live Demos by Rhian Morgan from Cerner:
- Whipps Cross: Thurs 18 July, 10am-1pm, Canteen.
- The Royal London: Thurs 18 July, 3-5pm, Ward 10.
- Newham: Thurs 25th July, 10am-12:30pm, outside Health Central.
- St Bartholomew’s: Thurs 25 July, 2:30-5pm.
In addition, the Registration Authority will hold drop-in sessions on a different site each day this week, so that you can seek advice if you have any issues regarding your Smartcard, such as unblocking your card, dealing with permission issues, and any other advice regarding Smartcard registrations.
Registration Authority drop-in sessions:
- The Royal London: Tues 16 July, Senior Nurse Office, Ward 3F.
- St Bartholomew’s: Wed 17 July, Site Managers Office, 4th Floor, KGV Building.
- Newham: Thurs 18 July, Site Office.
- Whipps Cross: Fri 19 July, Junction 3 Site Office.
Twitter chat, Friday 19th July:
Share your ideas about the benefits of electronic nursing records by joining the Twitter chat with Louise Hicks, Chief Nursing Information Officer throughout the day on Friday 19th July. Join on Twitter by following @louisechicks1 and @BHWeConnect, ask questions and share your perspectives. Louise and the team will also be posting live from the Digital Health Summer School, exploring the benefits and challenges of establishing digital nursing records.
There will be different go live dates for each hospital. The system will go live on Millennium for the first hospital site in October, with the other sites following at 2 week intervals. On-ward training for nurses will follow in the weeks to come, along with full on-site support during the go live weeks at each hospital.
For further site based information please contact your Nursing Information Officer or their Deputy. The site leads are: Tris Kerr and Cynthia Zimuto (deputy) for Whipps Cross, Michael Moeller and Nicola Rudkin (deputy) for The Royal London, Andrea McDonnell and Robin Khariuk (deputy) for Newham, and Angela Robinson and Jason Radley (deputy) for St Bartholomew’s. They will be keeping you in the loop via safety huddles during our first We Connect week.
Please contact Rachel Huck if you are interested in becoming a super-user, trainer or digital ambassador, or contact your site NIO or Deputy NIO.
Read more about the WeConnect digital transformation for clinical documentation, electronic prescribing and medicines administration (EPMA) here.