Administrative and clerical
Barts Health requires an enormous variety of administrative and clerical staff across the Trust and across different roles. They provide essential support to doctors, scientists, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
This means there is a wide choice of roles and places to work. For example, you might enjoy dealing with patients and their relatives in a clinic or as a clerk on a ward. Alternatively, you might prefer working closely with a consultant as a medical secretary.
Staff working in administration can be found in a variety of locations. Depending upon the job that you do, you could be based:
- in a hospital administration office with no patient contact
- in an outpatient clinic with patient contact
- on a hospital ward with patient contact
- in our busy central records department
- in a corporate function
- in a specialist community clinic
- at the Barts Health headquarters.
We can also provide clear opportunities for experienced and qualified administrative staff to progress into administrative management roles.