Although health in east London is improving, there are still big health inequalities compared to the rest of the capital and England. This summer we marked the first full year of the public health programme by making the Changing Lives film that shows some of the public health work of the Trust.
Changing Lives provides details on:
- The successful Stop Smoking referral programme at Whipps Cross
- The Test East HIV screening initiative in emergency care
- Increasing physical activity among staff
- Improving sustainability
- Combatting fuel poverty
- Increasing the number of apprenticeships
- Helping local people get work, including those with disabilities
We would like to acknowledge the support of Health Education England for their support in making this film.
Changing Lives – Our Public Health Vision (published in September 2012) describes the challenges we face and our current thinking on how we work to improve the health for the people of east London and beyond including:
- how we can best help our patients to improve their health and wellbeing
- how we can work with our staff to promote their health and wellbeing
- how we can provide jobs for local people
You can find out more information on our public health programme here.