Benefits for our staff
As an employee of Barts Health, you’ll have exclusive access to a wide range of fantastic offers, over and above your salary. These include specially selected products and services giving you money savings discounts and extra value on special and everyday purchases.
Support with temporary accommodation
At any point in time, there are hundreds of flats, houses and offices that lie empty in London. Of course, there are good reasons why - some will be awaiting new owners, some will be vacant before new tenants move in. Whatever the reason they are all decent buildings that are simply not being used.
At Ad Hoc, they work with the owners of these properties to offer affordable short-term living accommodation for young professionals, key workers and students.
It’s an innovative approach that is proven to work. You get accommodation at a fraction of the cost that you would expect, and property owners get peace of mind, knowing that there are guardians in their property keeping an eye on it.
If you are interested in this scheme please call the Ad Hoc Guardian team on tel 020 7226 9900 or email email@example.com.
Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
Get a brand new car, fully maintained and insured every three years, in exchange for a ‘salary sacrifice’ – a fixed monthly reduction from your gross salary, taken before tax and National Insurance, that could cost you less than a normal personal car lease.
Home electronics for staff scheme
This scheme allows NHS PAYE employees to buy equipment of your choice from your employer through easy monthly payroll reductions, whilst saving up to 25% on the cost.
The product range includes laptops, tablets, desktop PCs, software, printers, TVs, Blu-ray players, home cinema systems, cameras and camcorders, gaming consoles, washing machines, tumble dryers, fridges and freezers, dishwashers and cookers.
Barts Health runs a childcare voucher scheme and invites all employees to take advantage of the scheme. Using childcare vouchers can save parents up to £900 a year.
Season ticket loan
Barts Health has an annual travel card loan scheme accessible to all staff. You can make an application for a season ticket loan that is paid back via monthly salary deductions.
Healthcare Staff Benefits
Healthcare Staff Benefits (previously known as Medic Care Staff Discounts) offers free membership and provides exclusive discounts for all NHS staff including Foundation Members from local and national companies throughout the UK.
Health Service Discounts
Health Service Discounts (previously known as NHS Discounts) provides NHS staff with a specially designed website with discounts from high street brands including Dorothy Perkins, Burtons, Ticketmaster, Halfords, Halifax and Vision Express.
UK Mini Breaks
Holiday offers for couples and families with great discounts for staff, around the UK and Europe.
Simplyhealth staff benefits
As an NHS employee you are eligible for a staff discounted plan for your everyday healthcare appointments.
Leyton sports massage
A specialist sport and remedial massage clinic in east London. Our goal is to get you pain-free and at your optimum performance - 10% discount for staff!
Up to 40% off Hilton worldwide
Whether you are looking for a cultural city break or a relaxing seaside retreat, your perfect weekend break awaits you at the Hilton worldwide portfolio of hotels. Proof of public sector employment must be shown on arrival at the hotel.
Discounted corporate gyms
Local gyms offering discounts for staff.
Once you join the Trust a wide range of discounted restaurants and other local discounted deals are also available for you to access on our intranet.
Training and development
We are committed to providing high quality training to all of our staff. To ensure that our staff have access to quality training we work in partnership with Queen Mary University and University College London hospitals. We also provide a range of in-house clinical courses for staff.
We provide a brochure detailing the education, training and development opportunities available for our nursing and midwifery staff.
Pay, holiday and pension
It is a rewarding career working within your local community, and that is central to the NHS – and to Barts Health. However, you’ll also need to know what to expect in terms of salary and benefits:
- Everyone who joins the NHS is guaranteed a salary that matches their ability and responsibilities, and is given every opportunity to increase it through training and development. The salary scale is dependent upon relevant transferable skills and experience.
- Inner or Outer London Weighting of 20 % or 15% of basic salary subject to a minimum and maximum amount for more information visit www.nhsemployers.org.uk
- 27 days annual leave pro rata (rising to 29 after five years’ service and 33 after 10), in addition to eight public or Bank Holidays
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- Pay enhancements to reward out-of-hours, shift and overtime working where applicable
- Better career and salary progression based on the application of knowledge and skills
- Study leave for sponsored courses
- Occupational health and counselling services
- Annual personal development review to support career aspirations
- Automatic membership of the NHS Pension Scheme (unless you choose to opt out). The NHS Pension Scheme is still one of the most generous and comprehensive pension schemes in the UK.