The role of our meeters and greeters
When patients come to hospital it is essential that their experience is as straight forward as possible. It can be very difficult to navigate around the site so meeter and greeters are on hand to welcome patients, show them where they need to go and put them at ease.
Meeters and greeters will:
- meet and welcome visitors and patients
- direct or accompany visitors and patients to the appropriate clinic, department, ward, tea bar, etc
- explain the procedure for the blood clinic if required
- explain the booking-in procedure for the Minor Injuries Unit if required
- check out with a patient if they appear to have been waiting around for a long time who they are waiting for and to tell the appropriate person
- give general information to patients and visitors i.e. situation of lifts, stairs, etc
- look for visitors who appear to need assistance and help them. If the volunteer is unable to help, to obtain assistance from a member of staff
Meeters and greeters work across all of our hospital sites. There are currently vacancies at:
Task description form
Download the full meeter and greeter task description here.
Apply to volunteer
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for Barts Health. To apply download the application form and email it to Barts.Volunteers-Applications@bartshealth.nhs.uk
For more information about the role of meeter and greeter email the volunteers team at firstname.lastname@example.org