The role of the Barts Charity volunteers
The Barts Charity volunteers play varied role in providing support to our staff and our patients.
Tasks carried out by the Barts Charity volunteers are:
- checking Charity leaflet holders are tidy and always well stocked with relevant, up-to-date literature
- visiting hospital volunteer stations and building relationships with Trust volunteers, deposit Charity literature with them and check current stock
- visiting the café, restaurant and shops that hold Barts Charity collection tins and if full, replacing them with a new tin and returning the full one to Head Office
- collecting donations from the cashiers office as and when required, delivering them to head office
- identifying areas and opportunities the Charity can place posters, literature or collection tins within the hospital
- replenishing and maintain materials on open ward areas such as outpatients
- monitoring literature on restricted wards and building relationships with key staff.
- Data input and other basic office duties
- Be an advocate of the Charity and the work we carry out. Always be prepared to talk about the Charity, promoting it whenever an appropriate opportunity arises.
There are currently vacancies to become a Barts Charity volunteer at:
Task description form
Download the full Barts Charity volunteer task description here.
Apply to volunteer
To apply download the application form and email it to Barts.Volunteers-Applications@bartshealth.nhs.uk
For more information about the role of Barts Charity volunteer email Simon Pitts at email@example.com or call 020 7618 1730.