** Please note, due to significant interest we have no current volunteering vacancies. Please contact Bartshealthvolunteers@bartshealth.nhs.uk to receive an update when recruitment is open again.
Please note: all roles are non-clinical and volunteering opportunities are always expanding and changing so keep an eye on this page for new roles that might be of interest. It is really important to submit your application form if you are particularly interested in any of the above roles and which hospital would be your preferred site.
When we are recruiting for a role, the volunteer task description will be posted on the website. Please only apply for the role if it matches your requirements as we will only accept genuine applications from volunteers that have read and understood the task description in full.
Before you apply please consider the following questions:
- Are you 17 years of age or older?
- Do you enjoy dealing with people?
- Are you fit and well?
- Can you attend regularly (at least once a week for six months)?
- Are you legally allowed to volunteer in the UK?
If you can answer yes to all these questions you may be who we are looking for to join our team of volunteers.
What volunteering activities you can do varies across the sites and availability changes but roles can include Wayfinding, supporting patients and staff on a ward, supporting meal times on a ward, helping in the shops or trolley services, basic administration.
All roles are non clinical and new opportunities are being developed all the time so keep checking our page for new roles that might be of interest to you.
If you would like to discuss your options before applying please send an email to email@example.com and a member of staff will get back to you. If you would like to speak to us call 0207 377 7334 or 0207 377 7792
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for Barts Health.
We are are only recruiting for the following:
- Newham Hospital - Meeters and Greeters
- Newham Hospital - Patient Champion
- St Bartholomew's Hospital - Meeters and Greeters
- St Bartholomew's Hospital - Patient Champion
- Patient Evaluation Champion - All Sites
- Royal London Hospital - Paediatrics Patient Champion
- Royal London Hospital - Meeters and Greeters
Please strictly apply to one of the roles from the above, we look forward to hearing from you soon. We are currently not recruiting for any other roles.