You will gain experience and have access to learning opportunities like nowhere else. We have a well-recognised preceptorship programme for your first 18 months from qualifying, which will give you the support you need to start your career.
- 18 month programme for newly qualified nurses
- Provides a structured framework of support and education for those that have just qualified
- Rotations available between different clinical areas
- Split into two phrases - phrase one is developing generic competencies as a registered practitioner and phrase two is developing leadership and management competencies.
- Programme is delivered through a range of different methods- clinical workshops, e-learning modules, action learning set and clinical competency assessments
Rebekah Scholes, staff nurse
"I believe that choosing to come to Barts after qualifying was one of the best choices I have made. I have been supported and got to work in an amazing team which provides excellent patient centred care. I have also been on many study days to help me become a more competent and confident nurse. I have found a real passion in caring for patients with cancer and feel that Barts is the best place to be to provide outstanding care and to further my career in oncology nursing."
Visit the NHS Jobs website and search for 914096159 to complete the application form. You will be shortlisted and invited for an assessment and interview. Please note: if you have undertaken your clinical placements at Barts Health and therefore your practical skills have been observed, you will only need to undertake an interview, please email: Winnie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Once successful you will be given an offer letter and a start date based on the dates of the preceptorship programme.
We hold recruitment open days at each site for you to meet the team and also to complete assessments and interviews
We are committed to developing staff to ensure they achieve their full potential as well as ensuring that they receive the best benefits possible.
Find out what vacancies we have available across all staff groups and apply online via NHS Jobs.